Do you remember the time, when on every page or channel you opened there was a celebrity advertising their lean abs and displaying some outrageously sexy toned bodies? Well it was attributed to the self acclaimed detox-teas, but this may not be true. When teas claim to “detoxify” you, they’re usually promising to trigger your system through the use of laxatives. Health experts explains that the feeling of being “lighter” you get after taking detox teas is due to the fact that they trigger a laxative effect in your body and cause it to eliminate waste from your gastrointestinal tract, but this elimination is simply just water and not the body fat, so
your lean-to-fat ratio remains exactly the same.
This is a risky attempt to get a flat tummy because our body is 60% of water and forcefully eliminating fluid can pose a threat to the body functions. A lot of detox tea systems are designed to combine caffeine with substances that have a laxative effect. Caffeine is a mild diuretic too, and the end result is a system that’s flushed out far too often. Some of this laxative or diuretic may be natural but not necessarily safe or healthy.
Common Side Effects Of This Detox-Tea
- Dehydration – This is due to the body water loss
- Loss of Potassium and other electrolytes – As your body flushes out water it take some of the needed minerals with it
- Muscle & Stomach Cramps – (as if the period/hormone induced cramps are not enough, here comes the tea induced cramps)
- Loosen Stool – Well this is certainly going to happen very frequently if you stuff your body with a combination of laxatives and diuretics
- Excess gas
With all this said, a better way to loose weight will be to reduce the portion of food, exercise regularly and have a lot of rest, you can have a cup of green tea or make some herbal tea too, but its better to know what you are consuming, there is a chance you are allergic to a ingredient in the detox tea and never knew it.
Also remember that all those who have recommended the Detox teas on Instagram and other channels are celebrities who have access to plastic surgeons, trainers and even dietitians.
Think about it: why would they willingly choose a loose bowel everyday of their busy lives?
The nitty-gritty is that the teas will show a significant change in your body (water & weight) after it is used overtime but it will not last and it cannot take away any unhealthy habits you have plus the health risks are enormous.
Our bodies can cleanse and heal itself with any special concoctions. Not withstanding you can try more natural options.
Natural Teas for Different Purposes
So, If you are a Tea lover, feel free to try our selection or a combination of them.
My secret recipe for a calm day is: Chamomile, Peppermint and Ginger Tea
For Cough & Catarrh: Licorice, Ginger, Mint, Lemon/Lemongrass
- Protected: You are Invited!
- Hungarian Natural | Cruelty-Free | Vegan Skin Care Brands
- 4 Possible Mistakes Tea Lovers Make
- Aceite de ricino (Castor oil) For Eyebrow Growth
- CoronaVirus Pandemic and The Silver Lining
Enjoyed reading this?
Leave us a comment, share some of your favorite teas with us…